Jenny from the Blog

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Last words...

My expectations of this class were certainly met. I was hoping to learn about the available technologies for students with disabilities and I feel that I have. Not only did I learn so much about assistive technology, but also about myself and my successes with an online class. I do not feel that I have sold myself short, because I have put in effort and time into the work and because my time is valuable to me, I can honestly say that I wouldn't waste it intentionally as that would be an expensive mistake.

This course has changed my opinions of assistive and instructional technology in a very straight-forward way. Before this sesion I knew very little about A.T. so the opinions I had were easy-to-change because of their weakness. Now that I have the background on it all and can put it into perspective in the classroom I feel that my opions are stronger and more in tune with what is actually going on out in the real world.

With all of my newfound information I will certainly be more receptive to information on assistive technology and disabilities simply because it is on the forefront of my mind now. Just as you perk up as your name is called, I feel that I perk up now when I hear about people with disabilities making a difference in the world with the support of assistive technology.

As an example, there is a new show coming out called Blind Designers, where a visually impaired intererior decorator and a seeing co-host will be helping others redecorate using other senses to make their homes more stylish and functional.

I would recommend this course to someone who is interested in technology, disabilities and/or special education. It was informative, innovative and interesting.

There is only one way to make it better, in my opinion, and that is to have regular class meetings. Without class meetings I feel that there is no personalization, poor communication and clearly less fun to be had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home